Listen to “Brand on Broadcasting” on Spreaker.
September 22, 2020
On Episode 22 of Brand On Broadcasting hosted by Ross Brand of Livestream Universe, Baseball great Tommy John talks about his life and career
Ross Brand’s interview with baseball great Tommy John was recorded live on October 23, 2017. We are sharing it for first time as a podcast and YouTube video for the 5th Anniversary of Livestream Universe.
ABOUT TOMMY JOHN:
Ross Brand talks with former MLB all-star pitcher Tommy John, who pitched in the World Series for the Dodgers and Yankees. He discusses his remarkable career and life, including overcoming setbacks to become a baseball legend, and shared his thoughts on how the game has changed since he retired. John risked his career for a then-unknown elbow surgery that now bears his name. He came back to win 20 games 3 times and pitch until age 46 following Tommy John Surgery. He has the most wins of any lefty pitcher since 1900 not in the Hall of Fame.
STATS for TOMMY JOHN:
26 years of Major League Baseball
Tommy John played for the New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Oakland A’s and California Angels. He was a 4-time All-Star, 3-time 20-game winner, pitched in 3 World Series, led the league in Winning Percentage twice, led the league in Shut Outs 3 times, finished 2nd in the Cy Young Award voting twice (3x total in Top 5 & 4x total in Top 10).
Tommy John won the 1976 Hutch Award and 1981 Lou Gehrig Award. Tommy John is 26th all-time in Wins, 26th all-time in Shut Outs, 20 all-time in Innings Pitched, 8th all-time in Games Started. As a left-handed pitcher, Tommy John was known for his sinkerball that caused batters to hit the ball on the ground. He pitched in the Majors from 1963 to 1989.
Subscribe to the podcast for free: http://BrandOnBroadcasting.com/Subscribe
Gear recommendations for livestreaming and podcasting: http://LivestreamUniverse.com/Resources
About Ross Brand
Ross Brand is a live streaming broadcaster having served in many capacities such as Red Carpet host for the Emmy Award winning Never Settle Show, produced by Al Roker Entertainment, brand ambassador for Wirecast, and on-camera host for multiple Facebook Live Video and LinkedIn Live developers and broadcast solutions, including StreamYard, BeLiveTV and LiveU Solo. He was selected one of 5 Live Video Experts to Follow by Switcher Studio. With 12 years of on-air experience in radio, Ross also creates podcasts and Alexa Flash Briefings.
- Livestream Deals
- Resources for Livestreaming & Podcasting
- Livestream Universe Update Flash Briefing on Alexa
- Livestream Universe on Facebook
- Livestream Universe on YouTube
- Ross Brand on Twitter
- Ross Brand on Instagram
Ross’ Livestream & Podcast Gear
- Livestreaming & Live Video Production App: StreamYard
- Live Video Production & Recording Software: Wirecast
- Screen Recording & Audio/Video Editing Software: Screenflow
- Primary Studio Microphone: Shure SM7B Microphone
- Primary Handheld/Reporter Microphone: Electro-voice RE50
- Guest/Backup Microphone: Samson Q2u
- Primary Audio Interface/Mixer/Field Recorder: Sound Devices MixPre-3
- Backup Studio Audio Interface: Audient iD14
- iOS and Mac Audio Interface: Shure MVi
- Mobile Audio Interface: iRig Pre
- External Webcam: Logitech c922 Camera
- Handheld/Desktop 11″ Tripod for Webcam or Phone: Arkon Mounts (Discount code: ROSSBRAND)
- Computer: Macbook Pro
- Podcast Host: Spreaker
- Hardware Encoder for Remote Cellular Transmission Livestreaming: LiveU Solo
- Hardware Encoder for Ethernet Livestreaming: BoxCast
Mounts & Lighting
- Save on Arkon Mounts using discount code: rossbrand
- Rechargeable Selfie LED Clip-On Ring Light (Discount Code: rossbrand)
Website Themes & Templates
DISCLAIMER: This website contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we receive a small commission. This assures we can continue bringing you talented broadcasters and great products across livestream and online platforms. Thank you for the support! We only link to products we use or are highly recommended by trusted sources.